Friday, July 31, 2009

This is going to be so funny... but not yet.

Our air conditioner is broken. It stopped working at about 6:00 last night, and by 7:00 it was 80 degrees in our house. Someday I will blog about this, and it will be funny. I'll crack jokes about how John tried to "walk me through" fixing the air conditioner while I held the phone between my shoulder and ear, but the sweat kept making it slip which didn't matter because I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about anyway. I'll write something witty - and maybe poignant? - about my best friend, Michelle, and that we stayed at her house instead of sweating it out in ours. Maybe I'll relate a cute story about how excited the girls were to have a "sleepover" even though their friends were already asleep when we got there.

Not yet, though. Right now I'm hot. I'm irritated at the a/c repair company for showing up late (though they're not late yet) and at John for not knowing intuitively how to fix the a/c himself and at myself for trying to write a DAILY blog when, clearly, some days I am meant to be silent.

Someday this is going to be funny. Today is not that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment